2010-05-06

Spelling it like it ought to be

KNYTES SCRIPT CHARTER LOGO

I get hammered on a regular basis about my methods of spelling. Most consider my spelling as an insult to the Queen’s English. What Queen? Although Queen might be a relative thought if Palin is elected next time, which I say will happen. That said, I spell things the way they sound, not in their usual way. Especially the word TOW. I now spell that word TOEW. This way no one can mispronounce it. Several years ago when famous Bill Mack of the Midnight Cowboy Radio Network, did some station liners for our radio station in Eagle Mountain Idaho, for KTOW which is KAY-TOEW. but despite many communications Bill pronounced KTOW making the TOEW(TOW) word sound like COW. It wasn’t until I sent him the word TOE that he pronounced the word correctly. So since both words sound the same but obviously mean something else, this past January, with urging by one of my associate producers at Dixie Diesel Radio, I began spelling the word TOW as TOEW. That way there is no way most with some gray matter between their ears can say the word wrong. Plus on the sides of the truck, a strange way of spelling a word makes folks look at it longer thus registering it further in their cranium. True I have spell correction on my computer and in most case I use it. But too, with texting a soon to be law of no text while driving a Commercial vehicle or any vehicle, which I practice. My slogan here is key goes on, phone turned off. If I need to call someone, I wait until I stop. But getting back in gear here. With texting and computer jargon, mis-spelled words are common as well as shortened. Laugh Out Loud = LoL, etc. So why not? If you eat at most truck stops is by as I spell it Buffay style. BUFFETT sounds to much like polishing your truck. So before too many out there think I’m an uneducated buffoon, or should that be spelled bufffoon? Think again. I spell it like it ought to be. Not always like it is.

Good numbers to ya’ll,

rw flag   new wings

rws1

James 5:16“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.

 

KNYTES TAIL


Quote of the day:
Politics is made up largely of irrelevancies. - Dalton CampHCCLOGO1